Saturday, August 2, 2008

WEIRD COLLAGE OF THE DAY
















I came across this collage in a journal of mine from many years ago. According to the title, it depicts The Miracle Of Conception. That appears to be the hand of God dropping a young girl onto the heads of John Garfield and Joan Crawford, who are watching TV in a bathtub. You can tell I drew Joan's legs because they appear to be growing out of her rib cage. On TV there's some game show host of the time in front of a list of prizes, which you probably can't make out:

TEA SERVICE
DISHWASHER
FLOOR PRODS.
L. SHIRTS

(What the hell are L. SHIRTS?)

Anyway, that's The Miracle Of Conception in a nutshell.

Who knew?

3 comments:

ATotalCad said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
teresa.frog.applause said...

I love this collage!

JCD said...

Thanks. This was my third post ever. I should dig up more of these from old journals.