Friday, August 8, 2008

FULL DISCLOSURE













A friend of mine e-mailed me about my 8-2-08 blog (WEIRD COLLAGE OF THE DAY), in which is included a very small photo from many years ago of a TV screen. (Here's an enlargement.) I had referred to the guy on the screen as "some game show host of the time." My friend said it was a photo of Wink Martindale. I wrote back and told him it was not Wink, but Jack Narz. I said that the reason I didn't name him was because I didn't want to frighten my blog readers (both of them) with the fact that I could identify somebody as obscure as Jack Narz. Fame-wise, Jack Narz makes Wink Martindale seem like... Monty Hall... or something.

I looked up Jack Narz on Wikipedia (where I got this groovy photo), and it said that he is the brother of game show host Tom Kennedy and also the former brother-in-law of the late game show host Bill Cullen. I knew the former fact, but not the latter. To make room in my brain for this new tidbit of useless knowledge, I assume some tidbit of USEFUL knowledge is leaving my memory banks. That seems to be the way it works.

Who cares about all this, you ask? Other than Jack Narz, probably nobody. 

But then again, this isn't CNN.

1 comment:

MQM said...

Somehow that photo looks like it'd be best seen through 3-D specs . . .