Sunday, December 21, 2008

NUTCRACKERS

Is it just me, or is this Nutcracker soldier guy scary looking? 



I mean scary looking the way clowns are scary looking. Or Joan Rivers. His face looks like something Lon Chaney would have come up with in his little makeup kit to try to top The Phantom Of The Opera.


Then again, I also think this ACTUAL nutcracker is kind of scary looking. 


But for different reasons.


Maybe there's something inherently scary about nutcrackers in general.


Or maybe I'm just easily frightened.

2 comments:

L. Erskine said...

Oh yes, they are quite scary looking.

There are some statues that come out at Christmas time that I finally got around to taking some pictures of.

http://community.livejournal.com/jumpingpictures/898904.html

They are so scary my friend couldn't even stand still for the pictures! :p

JCD said...

Thanks for sharing the pics. They were fun. And judging by the comments about them, we're not alone in Nutcracker fear.