Thursday, June 22, 2023

FROM BOB ECKSTEIN'S SUBSTACK NEWSLETTER, "THE BOB"

Three Questions. This month’s guest is Joe “J.C.” Duffy, world renown cartoonist (The New Yorker, MAD, Reader’s Digest, Barron’s and the comic strip The Fusco Brothers) and also a writer and musician (hear one of his stylings here.). His originals are on sale at Curated Cartoons.

Bob Eckstein: Are you getting funnier?

Joe Duffy: I think I’ve gotten funnier over time, if I say so myself. It comes easier, anyway.

BE: Are you still striving for the perfect cartoon? 

JD: No. I don’t think I ever was.

BE: What’s the closest you’ve come?

JD: No single magazine cartoon comes to mind, but I really like a gag I used in my comic strip, the Fusco Brothers:

Woman in bar: Why is it taking you so long to undress me with your eyes?

Man in bar: I fold everything.

No comments: