Tuesday, October 19, 2010

FULL CIRCLE

My third cartoon to appear in MAD magazine is in the new issue, and being in MAD is still a kick for me, since I read it as a kid. (In that particular way, it's more of a kick than being in the New Yorker, which I did NOT read as a kid.) An added kick with the current issue is the fact that it contains some Mort Drucker art, so I'm sharing space with an early cartooning influence of mine.



Back in 1995, Issue #2 of Hogan's Alley ("The magazine of the cartoon arts") ran a 2-page Q&A spread in which they asked a bunch of cartoonists the question, "Who was your first favorite cartoonist?"



I named Mort Drucker.


5 comments:

MQM said...

Great - "Who?"
I loved Mad Magazine - think I collected a pile of them.

JCD said...

I love piles.

teresa.frog.applause said...

Piles?.

JCD said...

Hemorrhoids, to you. (As opposed to the friendlier, "Top o' the morning to you!")

teresa.frog.applause said...

Re: Mort Drucker: (see this reader question).